Working on 1024X600 screen

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou Siew Hei

I have a subnotebook with 1024X600 screen. I downloaded Scribus 1.4I and  have been following this tutorial I downloaded, and got stucked when I to the format settings. I was unable to save the settings. Only yesterday did I realised that because of the the small screen, I was unable to see that near the bottom of the dialog windows, there are 'Apply', 'OK', 'Cancel' buttons, is there a way for me to make the dialog window smaller? I tried drag, use smaller fonts, but the windows will not get smaller, and no scrollbars show up; I tried using tab to tab all the way down, but no way for me to know which button was selected, anyone know what to do? or is there a plug-in for this?

a.l.e

no, no way to make it smaller.

but there are ways to make the buttons visible by moving the dialog.

depending on the OS / Window manager you're using, this can be done in different ways.

generally speaking, on linux, just press the alt or windows key and move the window by clicking on it.

ciao
a.l.e

Lou Siew Hei

I am using Windows 7 starter version, yes under US$400 kind of subnotebook. And I am not tech savvy enough to install other OS on it. There is no way to move the windows beyond the top of the screen in Windows. Period. Thanks for you info.

marty39

I don't have a subnotebook, but I have a laptop with an 800 x 600 screen and a video driver capability for 1024 x 768, running an older version of Windows. When I set the resolution for 1024 x 768, the screen image is larger than the physical screen, and part of the screen image is not shown. When I move the cursor into the hidden part of the screen image, the whole screen image moves to show it. You might be able to do something like that.