New Inserted Pages not receiving pasted text?

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwgf

Hi
I have a chapter template with 6 pages. But this new chapter has 7 pages of text.
So i have inserted 2 pages, copied the text area from a right hand page and pasted it into the new right hand page and the same for the left hand page.

But when i paste my text i cannot get it to appear beyond the old 6th page. The text cuts off.

A red cross appears at the bottom of the 6th page test area - but i cant find out anything  about this.

I'm very new to Scribus. What am i  doing wrong?
tom

GarryP

Welcome to the forum Tom.

It sounds like you just need to chain the frames together.

The red cross in a box shows that there is text that Scribus can't currently display, because it's got nowhere to display it.

Go to menu "View -> Show Text Chain". This will show you, by way of a set of arrows from frame to frame, which frames are chained so that the text flows from one to another.

If you want the text to flow from one frame to the next then click on the frame you want the text to flow from, then press the Link Text Frames icon (two tall rectangles with a green arrow) or press N, then click on the frame you want the text to flow into. Continue this way until all of your text flows nicely.

tomwgf

GarryP