US Web Coated (SWOP) v2 not listed in templates

Previous topic - Next topic

LesCM19

So I downloaded the ICC profiles from Adobe and there was a profile called US Web Coated (SWOP) which I am guessing is the right one. Right clicked it and installed although there was no confirmation that I noticed.

Run Scribus, File > New FRom template and there are just the ones there that comes with Scribus.

Les
cheers

Les

utnik

hi les

maybe you should tell scribus where to look for the color profiles. ('preferences' → 'general' → 'paths' → 'icc profiles')

utnik

Nermander

I don't get it... You downloaded an ICC profile, and then want to use it as a template??

Templates and ICC profiles are two completely different things.

utnik

Quote from: Nermander on April 23, 2017, 07:05:07 PM
I don't get it... You downloaded an ICC profile, and then want to use it as a template??

oh – i overlooked that part...
i thought it didn't show up while selecting color profiles.

utnik

LesCM19

I am up and running now.

I'd downloaded the 1.4.6 stable version to use at work on my W7 Starter netbook but turns out the profiles from OneBookShelf who I think will be doing the publishing, were for 1.5.2, which is what I've now got on my W10 PC at home. Plus I went to Control Panel>Colour Management>ICC Profiles and added the US Web coated (SWOP) v2.

cheers
Les
cheers

Les

utnik

hi les
Quote from: LesCM19 on April 24, 2017, 04:48:40 PM...the profiles from OneBookShelf who I think will be doing the publishing, were for 1.5.2...

color profiles aren't specific to a scribus version. if they aren't broken, they work with scribus1.3.x as well as with the latest 1.5.3 build.

i wasn't really happy with scribus1.5.2 – i use either 1.4.6 or one of the latest builds from here. there are efforts to release scribus 1.5.3 soon...

utnik

LesCM19

Thanks for your input Utnik. However,it seems to be working so I'm not changing any setup things I've done so far!!
cheers

Les