Text ending symbol

Previous topic - Next topic

steven8

I created a black square shape with the same height as my font's x height, placed it in the bottom right hand corner of a page and saved it to the scrapbook.  I copy it onto the page where it is needed, line it up with the baseline grid at the end of my text, then align it's right side with the right side of my textbox.  It works good, and would be great if you chose to use a small graphic as well.
Scribus 1.6.0 Stable
Windows 11

Eneen

@GarryP: nice hack! Sadly, as with new paragraph you also add line, so when you drag frame over last line to align all lower lines you get overflow text mark and dot disappears.

@utnik: yep, that way I need style for every column width. Fortunately this is my case.

@steven8: idea was to do it really automatically. I compose newspaper where lots of changes are involved, so manual ways are no-go.

Thank you all!

steven8

Quote from: Eneen on April 28, 2017, 10:39:15 AM
@GarryP: nice hack! Sadly, as with new paragraph you also add line, so when you drag frame over last line to align all lower lines you get overflow text mark and dot disappears.

@utnik: yep, that way I need style for every column width. Fortunately this is my case.

@steven8: idea was to do it really automatically. I compose newspaper where lots of changes are involved, so manual ways are no-go.

Thank you all!

Well, you never know until you suggest.  I honestly can't think of a way to automate that sort of thing.
Scribus 1.6.0 Stable
Windows 11