IDML Import reset font replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

mikolaskova

Hello,

I'm trying to open an IDML exported from Indesign.
It uses a lot of fonts, that are not installed on my system. Unfortunately I clicked over the dialog when opening and it did replace with an font that does not fit.
Now, everytime I open an IDML scribus uses this font.
How can I reset this assignement? (so that scribus asks me which fonts to use)

Thanks and regards,

Adriana

a.l.e

hoi adriana,

i have not tried if it also applies to the IMDL importing, but in the "preferences > fonts"  you have a "Fonts substitutions" tab.

since you have not mentioned having had a look in there, can you check if the replacements are listed in the tab?

ciao
a.l.e

mikolaskova

Hoi Ale,

thank you- I overlooked the possibility to delete the assignement there.

Ciao,

Adriana

a.l.e

mikolaskova

...the replacement did work, but idml-imported-document still looks quite different than the indesign document...pictures not at the same place and many other things I have to correct manualy (I promised to look for a possibility to re-use former indesign-handouts in scribus...it's for teachers changing to scribus, but they have lots of materials prepared in Indesign)

a.l.e

if you want we can sit down, have a look at them and see how we can submit them to the team and improve the import.

scribus does not support all the features from indesign and there will be differences but, maybe, there are things that are easy to improve, once the sample documents are available...

mikolaskova

Thanks! That would be very helpful!

Best regards,

Adriana