Speed of Text Input

Previous topic - Next topic

mikolaskova

Hello, 

I have installed scribus-ng (1.5.2, kubuntu) because I need some of the new features. Is it normal, that the input of text (into textframes) is very slow in this dev- version? Or is there anything I can do to make it faster?

Best regards,

Adriana

CGood

Development versions can have interesting behaviors. But also how much text are you adding?

mikolaskova

not much...just writing...speed of scribus displaying text is slower than my writing (normal speed).
Entering text into a set of 24 linked textframes (24 A4 pages of 9pt Text)

CGood

On one of the computers I use, 1.5.1 is quite slow, and I would expect to see much the same behaviour on 24 linked text frames. On my laptop, with the same 1.5.1, I would have faster input. Different machines seem very different with the 1.5.xs

a.l.e

... should be solved in 1.5.3...
... it has a renewed text engine which is much more powerful and should also be faster...
... thanks to our friends in oman and to khaled!

... which should come out before the end of the month...

for the time being, you could switch all keys on your keyboard, so that you get slower and don't not notice how slow scribus is : - )
(or just type your text in libreoffice and then load it into scribus...)

(and, yes, 24 linked frames might be much for 1.5.2...)
(some 1.5.x versions also have issues with multiple layers)

mikolaskova

thank you! 
for myself I will consider your advices .-) maybe better the one about writing in libre office, what I normaly do...but sometimes I have to make corretions later in scribus.
Glad about faster engine coming soon...I want to use the dev version for a workshop in June (because the docking of the properties window makes using a lot easier)