Lines and Wrap Arounds

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychlone

A few questions:

1) How do you make straight lines? The line tool seems to only give freeform lines.

2) How to you make a solid line box around text boxes? The Properties tool doesn't seem to have the option.

3) When making text wrap around image boxes, can I insert a 1 or 2 point space in between the text and the image box? My text is running right into the edge of the box.

Psychlone

One more: Can you change the spacing in between text lines without affecting the entire document? If I set my headlines to 12 point and change the spacing to 12 point, it changes the spacing in the rest of the 10 point body of the document.

Nermander

1) I only have access to Scribus Portable at the moment and it is version 1.3.3.12. It has two line drawing tools: Line (shortcut L) and Freehand (shortcut F). Line works as intended. If you are talking about the angle of the line you can hold down the Ctrl key to restrict it to (I think) 15 degree increments.

2) If you go to the Colors tab you can select color for the outline and for the background. Changes to the Line will have no visible effect if the color is set to None.

3) I think that in this case you will have to edit the contour line. Wrapping is done against the contour line. (Shape tab, Edit shape, tick Edit Contour Line). There is a button to grow the contour line a chosen percentage.

As for your last question: It sounds as if you are changing the line spacing for the whole frame instead of just the paragraph you want to change.

I'd suggest using styles, it's way easier than messing with direct formatting.

Wena

Psychlone, what version Scribus do you have on what platform are you using?

Another post on this thread is talking about drawing tools that I didn't know existed!!!

Wena

Psychlone

For the lines, I want perfect straight up and down lines. The Line tool gives me a straight line, but not a 90 degree straight line.

As for the text, I'm highlighting the paragraph I want to change, but changing the spacing between the lines also changes spacing in the entire document. I'm going to Properties (F2), Line, line spacing.

I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.12

utnik

hello psyclone

you should read the answers to your questions...
Quote from: Psychlone on October 02, 2011, 06:07:01 AM
For the lines, I want perfect straight up and down lines. The Line tool gives me a straight line, but not a 90 degree straight line.
Quote from: Nermander on September 30, 2011, 09:45:05 AM...you can hold down the Ctrl key to restrict it to (I think) 15 degree increments.

...As for the text, I'm highlighting the paragraph I want to change, but changing the spacing between the lines also changes spacing in the entire document. I'm going to Properties (F2), Line, line spacing.
Quote from: Nermander on September 30, 2011, 09:45:05 AMI'd suggest using styles, it's way easier than messing with direct formatting.

I'm using Scribus 1.3.3.12

utnik

a.l.e

for the vertical lines: the ctrl key does work here in 1.4RC5

changing the linespacing in one paragraph, does not change it in the whole document...

i'm wondering what you're doing differently....

ciao
a.l.e

Psychlone

Thanks, the styles seem to be working. Seems like a really roundabout way to format basic text though...