Import layout from a photoshop file

Previous topic - Next topic

HJarausch

Hi, a printing company (e.g. www.saal-digital.de) offers Photoshop files which contain the layout for a photobook.
Can such a Photoshop file "imported" into Scribus or somehow converted into a file which can be imported into Scribus.

Many thanks,
Helmut

CGood

Helmut, I'm not a Scribus expert at all, but two thoughts occur to me; that Scribus is not a bitmap program and if you can import .psd files they will probably have to be used just as images. Some more qualified user who can correct me - please step in if I am off base here. If you could do that, then you could put such an image in a layer you could then "turn off" after using the layout psd. But that gets me to the point I think might be pertinent, that why not create your own layout, perhaps using other materials like the psd layouts - as inspiration?

a.l.e

hi helmut

you can load the template in an image frame.

what you can do:

- add a layer behind the main one for the psd file
- create an image frame that fills the whole page (in the properties palette you can type 0, 0 as x and y and "pagewidth" and pageheight" as the width and height! (yes, you can write the word "pagewidth" in there))
- load the psd and get it to fill the frame
- make sure that the layer is behind all other layers and lock it
- switch to the main layer (that is probably named "background"... sorry for that)
- create guides and frames for your document
- hide the layer with the background to see the progress..