Graphics Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

Wusel1811

I've imported two graphics into a Scribus document (1.5.2, I have to use a version that can open MS Publisher files) and both of them have a little rectangle in the lower right corner. It's not there in the SVG, it's not there in the PNG-file I make from the SVG, but it's there in Scribus. I've never had that happen before - any ideas what is happening and what I can do about it?

utnik

hi wusel

what did you import? (.pub, .svg or .png?)

• with .pub i have no experience
  • if it.s an .svg file, you can edit the file (delete the rectangle) in scribus.
  • if it.s a .png file, you should solve the problem outside of scribus. (the rectangle won't build while you place the file – has to be there before the import...)
is the rectangle visible in an exported .pdf file?

utnik

Wusel1811

Hi utnik,

thank you for the reply :) I import an .png file, and it definitely isn't in the .png file. But I just found out it is gone in the .pdf, so if it's just there in Scribus, I can live with it :)

GarryP

This probably won't have anything to do with the issue but have you checked whether Layer Indicators are switched on?

This option should be available via the View menu. In 1.4.6 they look like a small coloured rectangle stuck to the bottom-right side of objects, I don't know how they are displayed in 1.5.2. In 1.4.6 this is a document-level thing so they are either all displayed for all objects on all layers, or not (again I don't know how 1.5.2 does it) so if you're not seeing the same thing for all objects then it's probably not what's happening.

Like I said, this probably isn't what's wrong but it's worth doing a quick check anyway.

P.S. Do you still see the same thing in Preview Mode?

Wusel1811

Thanks you for the idea :-) They were switched off.

In preview mode, they are gone. Really strange... I tried moving the imported images and the rectangles move with them. Yet, when I open the png file or the svg file, they aren't there. But as long as I'm the only one who sees them because they are only in Scribus, it's okay. :-)

utnik

hi wusel

i didn't know, but found out what it is...
this rectangle indicates an image resolution outside of the range specified under 'document setup' → 'preflight verifier' → 'check image resolution'.

utnik

Wusel1811

Thank you so much for your help! 💐

a.l.e

well spotted utnik!

just one more small thing:

that rectangle is not the correct icon for the resolution issue! it's just the placeholder for the missing icon (the guy who created the new icons for scribus did not deliver one!).

it will for sure be replaced before the next stable scribus (1.6) is out.

Wusel1811