How to add a single color?

Previous topic - Next topic

laffin_boy

Hi,

Using Scribus 1.3.3.14 on Win XP. I'm sure i'm missing something but I have no idea what it is. I need a darker brown than is available in the std Scribus color set.

I first went to Edit > Colors and added #663300, calling it DrkBrn. Saved it, closed Scribus, verified that it was in C:\Documents and Settings\kosmo\.scribus\scribus13.rc, reopened Scribus & it wasn't shown in Colors or in the color choices  in the Story Editor.

Next I closed Scribus, opened scribus13.rc and changed the value of saddleBrown to #663300. Saved it, Opened Scribus and the used SaddleBrown on some text. It was still the original value.

What's the secret?

laffin_boy

Nermander

Did you have a document open? Colors are normally saved in the document, so if you change a color set in the settings it will only be inherited by new documents.

laffin_boy

Thanks for answering.

Quote from: Nermander on September 23, 2011, 08:17:25 AM
Did you have a document open? Colors are normally saved in the document, so if you change a color set in the settings it will only be inherited by new documents.

Yes, I did this w/ no doc open. I just created a new doc tonight and tried SaddleBrown again. It pasted the original SaddleBrown color - not the #663300 that I can see in C:\Documents and Settings\kosmo\.scribus\scribus13.rc.

<COLOR Register="0" Spot="0" RGB="#663300" NAME="SaddleBrown" />

I occurred that Scribus might be using another scribus13.rc but I can see from the mod date that Scribus is accessing all 3 files in this folder and I can't find another scribus13.rc on my HD.

laffin_boy