Replace with character style

Previous topic - Next topic

SirPL

Hi all!
Is there any way to replace character with specific character style? I use font which has ampersand I don't like and another with one fitting my expectations. I would like to find all amps and apply character style on them. Is there any way of doing that (except manual way)?

AdmFubar

The Story Editor has a search and replace that looks like it will do just what you are looking for
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

a.l.e

You don't need the Story Editor for this.

Just enter the edit mode for the frame where you want to search and replace, and run the matching command in the Edit menu.

Sadly, Scribus only allows you to search (and replace) in one single (linked set of) frame(s).

SirPL

Quote from: AdmFubar on October 24, 2016, 06:28:57 AM
The Story Editor has a search and replace that looks like it will do just what you are looking for

Seems I was'nt clear enough - it's not quite what I am looking for. Search/Replace windows allows me to choose font face, color etc... of the replaced text, but does not allows me to apply character style on it.
I want to manipulate style without having to re-select/re-find all ampersands each time.

a.l.e

ooops, yes, the search and replace tool is older than the character styles in scribus...

i guess that since so many people complain about the searching and replacing (most of all because it does not allow to search the whole document!) nobody wants to spend time on fixing such "details"...

the day i will have figured out how i can implement a new search and replace that works on the full document, i will do so :-)
but i'm not there yet...