Community > Showcase

Business Card WIP

<< < (2/3) > >>

a.l.e:
(well, i'm not sure you should limit the colors, but if you multiple tones of two different colors, the ones with the same type of information should IMO also have the same base color...)

GarryP:
You're welcome Roby.

I didn't know if you knew about bleeds - when people join the forum we don't know their history - so I thought I would offer the information just in case. It's good to know you're on top of things.

I thought the image you supplied might have been created from other things but I thought I'd mention the border in case you had not noticed it. It's something that's easily missed and an expensive thing to fix once printed. So it's good that it's not an issue.

If you are using the Raleway font - which it looks like you are doing - then I think it contains modern numerics so you might not have to change the font, just change to different numeric glyphs (using insert character). Other fonts have this too so it's worth checking before changing font.

Just one more thing: a.l.e mentioned that you're giving the coordinates on the back of the card. Have you, or your customer, thought about using http://what3words.com/ ? It gives potential customers an easy way of navigating to a location.

rrkradio:
Yes right.... agree with you.

Tnx,
roby

--- Quote from: a.l.e on October 19, 2016, 04:25:40 pm ---(well, i'm not sure you should limit the colors, but if you multiple tones of two different colors, the ones with the same type of information should IMO also have the same base color...)

--- End quote ---

rrkradio:
GarryP,

yes the font is the Raleway (woooow .. do you use it ? or have you  an abnormal deep knowledge of fonts ?  ;D) Tnx for the info about the availability of numeric glyphs in the extended character set.

But... i didn't know (shame on me) nothing about what3words.com. It seems really interesting!!

Will work on the business card tomorrow  :)

Roby

--- Quote from: GarryP on October 19, 2016, 04:29:48 pm ---You're welcome Roby.

If you are using the Raleway font - which it looks like you are doing - then I think it contains modern numerics so you might not have to change the font, just change to different numeric glyphs (using insert character). Other fonts have this too so it's worth checking before changing font.

Just one more thing: a.l.e mentioned that you're giving the coordinates on the back of the card. Have you, or your customer, thought about using http://what3words.com/ ? It gives potential customers an easy way of navigating to a location.

--- End quote ---

GarryP:
Unfortunately no superpowers were used in the identification of the font. I remember the "w" glyph - like two sets of railway tracks converging - from something I was working on a while ago.

Having said that, "Font Identification" might be a weak superpower to have but if it's all that's going then I'll take it!

I actually think that the "W"s spoil the font. I think it would be a better general-purpose font with "normal" "W"s. The strange glyphs aren't good for people with, for example, dyslexia where it can look like two "V"s together which can be confusing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version