Community > Showcase

Business Card WIP

<< < (3/3)

rrkradio:
I like this weak superpower ;-)

Interesting your thought about the strange glyphs related to people with reading problems. I have buyed some fonts in the past but now with Google Fonts and other "providers" there is endless choice.

Sorry for O.T.: Speaking of fonts, i realised that Scribus, when exports to .pdf,  outlines (all?) commercial fonts that i purchased. The same fonts are embedded in the pdf under Win or Mac OS (e.g. using Affinity Designer). I am sure that it's a "license problem". Do you know something more? Any workaround ?  (Of course i send to the printshop the outlined font in a separate file if needed)

Enjoy your day,
roby

--- Quote from: GarryP on October 20, 2016, 02:56:31 pm ---....
Having said that, "Font Identification" might be a weak superpower to have but if it's all that's going then I'll take it!

I actually think that the "W"s spoil the font. I think it would be a better general-purpose font with "normal" "W"s. The strange glyphs aren't good for people with, for example, dyslexia where it can look like two "V"s together which can be confusing.

--- End quote ---

a.l.e:
embedding: probably not a licensing issue.

but those fonts are probably otf fonts and scribus does not embed them in a pdf.

but they normally should be subset and not outlined iirc...

except if the fonts ask for not being embedded... (then it would be a licensing issue... but, then, i wonder why other software embed them...)

mmm....

rrkradio:
Hi a.l.e,
tnx for your reply and sorry for my huge delay.

I double checked and the "problematic" behaviour is with .OTF only fonts. Now i have a linux only laptop, but in the following days i'll check the exported pdf (made with scribus pdf/X-3) with Distiller on Mac OSX to understand something more.

With .ttf fonts (commercial or not) everything is perfect  :)

Roby

--- Quote from: a.l.e on October 21, 2016, 05:06:16 pm ---embedding: probably not a licensing issue.

but those fonts are probably otf fonts and scribus does not embed them in a pdf.

but they normally should be subset and not outlined iirc...

except if the fonts ask for not being embedded... (then it would be a licensing issue... but, then, i wonder why other software embed them...)

mmm....

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version