Help! Newsletter has duplicate pages 2 and 3

Previous topic - Next topic

newbie2

Scribus 1.4.6

I'm new to Scribus (I used PageMaker back in the day) and I'm designing a second issue of a newsletter that has 16 pages. I resaved last month's document as October and began working on that. I had to add two pages to the document and did that under "Page Insert". The document is double sided.

I noticed that the page numbers (which I created in Master Pages) aren't appearing on the 2nd and 3rd page. I couldn't figure out why and spent time trying to fix that. Then, I went to "Arrange Pages" to see what was going on, and found that I have two page 2s and two page 3s. The second page 2 and 3 should actually be 4 and 5.

I can't delete the duplicate pages, because although they show as duplicates in Arrange Pages, they have the correct, already designed layout. In the document, the pages look fine, its just the page numbers that are incorrect. But to fix that, I think i'll have to fix the fact that Scribus thinks there are two page 2 and 3.

Why would this be happening?! I've tried moving them in arrange pages and under "Page, move", but it doesn't work.

I really need to get this newsletter out and want it to be properly paginated. HELP!

I've attached a screen shot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

looks very strange to me – and i don't have a solution in mind...
but i would like to have a closer look at your file and try to fix it, if you could upload it somewhere and send a link by pm.

utnik

newbie2

thanks! That's really kind.

In frantically searching for some reason for the strange numbering, I stumbled back to the document setup and found that under "Sections" it was showing page 6-16, instead of 2-16. Don't know why. I hadn't made that change myself.

Phew! All is right again.

I've attached a screenshot of it as it is now. Corrected.

[attachment deleted by admin]