Scribus can't find my network disk.

Previous topic - Next topic

js6033

Hi,

Running Scribus 1.5.2 on my Windows 10 PC.
In my net I have a file and mailserver with Win XP.
On my Win10 PC I can run notepad.exe explorer.exe and I find all my disks on my filserver WinXP.
But when I try to save or open files from Scribus on my WinXp, Scribus do not see any disk from WinXP.
Only all disk on my WIN10 PC.
Maybe I have 'micklat' away in any way, But I don't undersand how.
Any help is appreciate!

Regards
Jonny

GarryP

Welcome to the forum Jonny.

I think your issue is related to this bug ticket https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3096 which was raised way back in 2006.

There seems to be a work-around by typing the full server name + path + filename in the filename textbox but that sounds a bit messy to me. However, it might let you get on with things so it might be useful.

One of the barriers to getting it fixed might be if the developers don't have access to networked drives on Windows. If they don't have networked drives to test it on they can't see if the fix works. A bit like trying to fix a problem that occurs only on OSX without access to a Mac.

Maybe someone else has a better work-around or, even better, knows of a way to fix this nicely.

js6033

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the answer.

This works:
There seems to be a work-around by typing the full server name + path + filename in the filename textbox but that sounds a bit messy to me. However, it might let you get on with things so it might be useful.

/Jonny

GarryP

You're welcome. I'm glad to be of some assistance (even though it's not a "real" fix).