Print Preview cropping text box text on right hand side

Previous topic - Next topic

evansorrell

Hello all, I have found this new fun issue! In the magazine I am working on where I have the text in the editor all looks fine however! When I look at the print preview some of the letters and even whole worlds are missing off the right hand side of the text box? I have attahced a screen so you can see what I mean.

Just looking at it now it is as if the text in the prview isnt reflecting the document size so the letters being bigger is cutting them off?

[attachment deleted by admin]
I want to believe.

a.l.e

the print preview you're using is not a print preview.
nobody came up with a better name so it's still named that way.

if you want a real print preview, look at the pdf with a pdf viewer that is similar enough to the one that will be used in production.
(evince is mostly good enough. preview on mac sometimes is not)

if you want a preview of the layout, you can use the "preview mode" in the "view" menu.

evansorrell

Thank you so much! that was it all along. What is the purpose of "print preview" then if you have a proper preview function?
I want to believe.

a.l.e

If you don't know what it's good for, forget about it :-)

(afaik, it's mostly useful if you want to check the color separation or the ink coverage... nothing you should care about if you have not a clear understanding of the topic).

evansorrell

It's all Greek to me  ;D

Being so new to this type of thing I relay am learning a lot in a short amount of time! Thank you again for your help!
I want to believe.