Cannot Open File

Previous topic - Next topic

Ged

I created a file on Scribus 1.4.6 and saved it to my cloud drive.  Recently I traveled to Australia taking my notebook which had Scribus 1.4.5 on it.  It was unable to open the file that I had made on my PC at home, so I figured it had something to do with the old version.

So I downloaded 1.4.6 and tried again, but to no avail.  Can someone help me get the file up and going please?
My first 'puter was a 286,
My first dtp was Aldus Pagemaker,
My first printer was a Little Squirt,
My first car was a motorbike.

GarryP

Saving stuff to the cloud shouldn't have any effect on the file itself, it's just a collection of bits. However, accessing a document from the cloud may present some issues.

When you save to the cloud you are putting the file in a database record rather than saving the file to a location in the filing system. Directly accessing the file from the cloud may cause problems, especially if you have related resources such as images.

Have you downloaded the file to a local drive before you tried accessing it?

If not, try that first.
If so, what message are you getting and what is producing the message? (I.e. What says you can't open the file?)
Also, what OS are you using on your home system and notebook and what cloud service are you using?

We'll need a bit more information than "I can't open a file" to fix this.

Ged

Ive copied my file from Onedrive to my local drive but the problem persists.  When I try to open the file I get a message that its not an acceptable format.  Then the message says, "The file may be damaged, or may have been produced in a later version of Scribus." 

But Im using 1.4.6 now.   ???   Ill try downloading version 5.2.  and see if that helps.

Ged

OK now.   8)  I got it on 5.2.  Not sure what happened. The only thing I did differently was to add shortcut to desktop.