set page color

Previous topic - Next topic

Hendrik

I feel rather stupid but in one way or another I cannot set the page color of the booklet I am making. The screen color is ok but when exported to pdf the document had a white page color. When I draw a shape over each page, the page color is ok but I cannot see the guide-lines (margins etc.) anymore. Where am I going astray??

RodneyLee

try using a Background layer, if nothing else you can turn it on or off as needed

PatJr

maybe the stacking order could help
and
setting an object, like a square, on the master page
dunno

Hendrik

Thank you for the tip. I did so. Yet I find it somewhat strange that I cannot set the page colour as it will be printed at the start.

a.l.e

if the whole booklet is of that color (or its cover pages are...) the solution is, of course, to use a paper with the correct color and not to empty the toner of your printer...

Hendrik

Thank you for the answer but it concerns a booklet that is to be printed by a professional printing company

a.l.e

professional printing companies also tend to print on colored paper when all pages have the same background color.

that's the main reason why scribus allows you to set a background color for the page but does not use that color in the background when creating the pdf.

utnik

Quote from: a.l.e on June 24, 2023, 05:18:09 PM...print on colored paper when all pages have the same background color.

that's the main reason why scribus allows you to set a background color for the page but does not use that color in the background when creating the pdf.

yes, that could be a good feature – but as it works now, it's a bit dangerous, as scribus doesn't simulate it as colored paper (the paper color should be overprinted by the content, not knocked out by printed objects...)

utnik

a.l.e

right.
do you think that it's worth to write a feature request for it?

utnik

i never really used this feature. but – yes i will try to file a request for a correct color simulation.

utnik

utnik

a.l.e