imported image labeled but not visible

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfoot

Hi, I saved a PDF on scribus then imported it into another scribus page/file and it is just represented by the name of the file, with not image. Will it show up when I send it to a printer? Can I make it show up normally?
This was a PDF can I not import Scribus' own file type to Scribus?
Thanks sincerely
:)

utnik

hi blackfoot

afaik you need 'ghostscript' to deal with imported .pdf files.

QuoteWill it show up when I send it to a printer?

if it shows up in an exported .pdf file...

Quote...can I not import Scribus' own file type to Scribus?

you can import pages from another .sla file ('page' → 'import').

utnik

GarryP

blackfoot, if the image frame is just showing the name of the file then it's probably because Scribus can't find the image (in this case a PDF). Normally this is because you have moved either the Scribus document or the PDF you're getting the image from. You need to relocate the image file (PDF) and put it back in the image frame.

If you try and create a PDF when this is the case then the PDF will probably not show the "embedded" PDF image. If you can't see it on the screen then it probably won't be in the exported PDF. And if it's not in the PDF then the printer will not see it.

PDF is not the file type of Scribus. PDFs are the result of exporting from Scribus, you actually load and save in Scribus with file types of SLA. (This is the same as if you exported, for example, from LibreOffice to a PDF. An "export" generally means that you are creating a file of a type that is non-native to the application.)