Development > Features

Loading color palette by dropdown select

(1/4) > >>

micker:
hello
it realy strange for beguiner to load color palette
and when user understand the way to find palette is very bad ....
it will great to have :
a simple dropdown that list all palette in default folder => if user add palette inside list is auto update
a button to load an external palette (folder outside of scribus)
thanks for consideration

a.l.e:
hi

the "normal" workflow is not to load a palette, but to create your colors according a graphical charter.
(and load the colors from an existing file...)

or just pick random colors.

or use the "color wheel" tool to create matching colors.

scribus can set the current palette, but it's probably a feature most people should not use...

micker:
pi
--- Quote from: a.l.e on June 08, 2016, 11:50:33 am ---hi

the "normal" workflow is not to load a palette, but to create your colors according a graphical charter.
(and load the colors from an existing file...)

--- End quote ---
yes but loading an existing file or palette link ubuntu or other is too difficult for starter

--- Quote from: a.l.e on June 08, 2016, 11:50:33 am ---or just pick random colors.

--- End quote ---
many time you start with white document

--- Quote from: a.l.e on June 08, 2016, 11:50:33 am ---or use the "color wheel" tool to create matching colors.

--- End quote ---
yes i know thanks

--- Quote from: a.l.e on June 08, 2016, 11:50:33 am ---scribus can set the current palette, but it's probably a feature most people should not use...

--- End quote ---
if we want to become more userfriendly we need to enchance this :
maybe more color at first not only 5 colors but a light palette
i teach scribus to many person (50p last year) i like opensource promotion and it REALY a problem at first openning ...
user : why only this colors, this software is limited ?
me : we will adding color => need time to add one by one or trying to load preset but path is understable for user
user : it's not userfriendly

i realy think it's a little enchanced but it will be good for beguinner => we can't forgot end-user

Nermander:
If a palette should be the default, which one should it be? You will get as many answers as there are users. Some want to have RGB colors, other want CMYK and yet others just want spot colors. It all depends on the needs of the user.

You should tell your users "No, Scribus is not limited, in Scribus you can define ANY color. Even colors like gold or silver."

micker:

--- Quote from: Nermander on June 08, 2016, 01:41:14 pm ---If a palette should be the default, which one should it be? You will get as many answers as there are users. Some want to have RGB colors, other want CMYK and yet others just want spot colors. It all depends on the needs of the user.

You should tell your users "No, Scribus is not limited, in Scribus you can define ANY color. Even colors like gold or silver."

--- End quote ---
yes i am agree but i notice that changing palette is difficult.
we can say this only if palette management is more simple i think
Scribus isn't only for PAO pro i think he is for all user
think about this  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version