minimum page/document size?

Previous topic - Next topic

mnawij

Hi there friends,

Is there a way to get the page size smaller than 1"?  It has been frustrating me for several weeks now.  I create probably 1-2 self-inking stamps every week and there are several sizes smaller than 1".  I might just be overlooking something in the preferences or not using the correct phrase for google, who knows, but I would appreciate some help :-)

mnawij

solaero

Maybe use millimeters? I was able to create a 15mm square page just now. I didn't attempt to do anything to it, just created it and closed it. What sort of error/problem are you encountering?

GarryP

mnawij, I've just created a page - using inches as the unit type - of 0.5x0.5 inches from the "New Document" dialog, so that seems to work fine.

Changing the size of the page from A4 (pts) to 0.5x0.5 inches - using "Document Setup" works just fine too.

If you can give some more information about your set-up and work-flow then someone might be able to help more but it looks okay to me.

Nermander

Could it just be an issue of decimal comma or point?

mnawij

New Document Dialog Box, I type .5" hit the tab key to put in .5" in the next box and the first box changes to 1" and then when I hit the tab key again the second box changes to 1". I have a video but unsure how to share it...

mnawij

GarryP

Weird.

I've tried to replicate the problem but nothing I do makes it happen.

Typing '.5"' (without the outside quotes) as you have said just makes Scribus revert back to what was in the field originally - the " quote character isn't recognised as a digit and Scribus ignores the input.

Typing '.5' (again, without the outside quotes) sets the field correctly to 0.5000 inches (when inches are the unit type that is set).

Typing '0,5' gives a value of 5 - Scribus ignores the '0,' portion of the input.

Typing some random letters reverts the value back to what it was before (that was just to see what happened).

I just can't get it to do what it's doing for you.

If you can give your OS version and Scribus version (best to copy the info from the About Scribus dialog) then we might be able to look at what's happening.

If your video is smaller than 2MB then you can put it in a ZIP and attach the ZIP to a post. Otherwise, a link to DropBox/Google Drive/whatever might be a good choice.

a.l.e

the default for inches is "in" not """ :-)

so, just type .5 in if your not using inches as a default unit...

i don't know if it would be a good idea to accept " as a shortcut for inches...
i guess our time would be better spent in getting the last few gallic villages to adopt the metric system... :-)

GarryP

I think you'd have to add most of the USofA to that list of villages too.

utnik

hi garry
Quote from: GarryP on April 28, 2016, 01:28:13 PM
I think you'd have to add most of the USofA to that list of villages too.

this was an asterix joke – works for 'gallic villages' in the US too...

utnik

mnawij

I put the " for understanding, I do not type that in the actual box...

mnawij

solaero

Hmm . . . still can't reproduce. Using version 1.5.0 on a Mac here.

[edit] Just tried it on the nightly build from 23 APR 2016 and the error occurs as described. I cannot get the Width or Height boxes to accept anything smaller than 1.0000

mnawij: it would be extremely helpful to know with which version you are having the trouble.

mnawij

utnik

i can't reproduce the problem under macOS 10.11.4.
i just tested with scribus 1.4.6, 1.5.1 and the nightly builds of 1.5.2 from april 20 and 23 – everything works as expected.

utnik

solaero

I should've made a quick video of this last night. Can't seem to reproduce it right now using inches. Will record it if I see it again.

mnawij