Scribus > General Discussion

PDF X/1-a:2001

<< < (2/8) > >>

utnik:
hello wena

i don't think i can help you – i'm not really familiar with ms windows…

--- Quote from: Wena on September 02, 2011, 09:32:12 pm ---…there was this link “svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus - Scribus 1.5.0svn (trunk)”…
…but no download for Scribus 1.5. only a long list of developments.
--- End quote ---
…this long list are the files you need to compile the program. the download of the whole tree of files starts when you put:   svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus yourUnstableScribusdirectory   into a command-line interface (maybe subversion is required for this…)
after you have the files on your hd, i have no idea how to compile it for your system – you will need infos from someone who knows the windows platform…

utnik

Nermander:
The info is probably in a file called BUILDING among the files downloaded from svn...

Wena:
I have now set up an  ubuntu on a computer and have taken the advice of this thread to get Scribus v 1.5 from http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download. But there was no download function. Only a list. Now  utnik am I on your expertise line.

Wena

utnik:
hello wena

the link to the archive is svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus but the best way to download the whole bunch of files is to put:   svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus yourUnstableScribusdirectory   into a command-line interface – as i wrote before…

but for ubuntu there are packages under https://launchpad.net/~scribus/+archive/ppa. there you should find a build for your linux version (to be installed with ubuntu software center).

utnik

Wena:
None of the above address gives a download link for Scribus 1.5 for my Ubunto computer or my Windows XP computer.

utnik there must be something out of place? I have even registered with "Lanchpad" to see if that will help but NO.

I am advised to get Scribus v 1.5. I have surcharged the net for it with no results, why is that?

Wena

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version