Bullets

Previous topic - Next topic

Ged

In the story view, we can insert bullets.  Is it possible to edit them, to make them larger relative to the font size?  Or to create a square bullet?
My first 'puter was a 286,
My first dtp was Aldus Pagemaker,
My first printer was a Little Squirt,
My first car was a motorbike.

solaero

I created a style for the bullets I wanted. Not quite as easy as using a word processor, but far more consistent (which is what I really needed anyway).

a.l.e

hey solaero,

while the next version will have a more or less powerful list management, in 1.4 you should indeed use styles.
you can also format directly each list in the frame itself (without using the story editor, which is not meant for applying direct formatting or fine tweaking the text) but styles are indeed the way to go.

two questions:

- do you have your "window > properties" palette always open? ... so that you can easily format your text (after double clicking on the frame...)
- do you know that you can import styles from another document? (and you don't have to redefine your bullets list from scratch each time)

ciao
a.l.e

Ged

I increased the font size of my bullet, but its effect made it higher than the horizontal center of the text.  Is there a link I can go to create a fat bullet, and how to put in in my style?
My first 'puter was a 286,
My first dtp was Aldus Pagemaker,
My first printer was a Little Squirt,
My first car was a motorbike.

solaero

Quote from: a.l.e on April 03, 2016, 09:52:33 AM
hey solaero,

two questions:

- do you have your "window > properties" palette always open? ... so that you can easily format your text (after double clicking on the frame...)

Yes. I can't live without the properties palette. What I do is connect my laptop to an external monitor and put the working document on the monitor and other windows (properties, layers, story editor, etc.) on my laptop screen. That is, when I have the ability to do so.

Quote- do you know that you can import styles from another document? (and you don't have to redefine your bullets list from scratch each time)

I had forgotten about it until (I think) you mentioned it before in another thread. My workflow up until recently has been to 'open -> save as' so that I didn't lose styles. For the most part, I'm working on the same document four times a year and I am constantly tweaking the styles. Importing seems like a brilliant idea!