Scribus > Linux

Help installing RC5 in Ubuntu

<< < (2/2)

John_Jason_Jordan:

--- Quote from: brohan on August 31, 2011, 08:49:15 am ---In Synaptic I show 30,621 packages listed, 1485 installed, 0 broken, 0 to install/upgrade.  python 2.7 is not listed as an available package, could this be the issue?

--- End quote ---

Nope. Packages are located in different repositories, but a stock install of Ubuntu does not enable all the repositories. A stock install will list only a few thousand packages. That you have 30,621 packages available tells me that you have enabled all the repositories. Therefore, my suggestion was useless and something else is causing the problem. I don't know what it is and I have no further suggestions. Hopefully someone smarter than me will come along with more suggestions.

brohan:
For the hay of it, I manually downloaded and installed python 2.7.2 in the /usr/bin directory. As I am new to Linux, I am not sure that Linux recognizes that I have 2.7.2 installed, or if just 2.6 is available. Can one have more than one installed and recognized?  I went and tried to install Scribus RC5 again, but same issues. I shall wait for help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version