Victorian Advert Experiment - Force Multiplier

Previous topic - Next topic


Here's something that I've been messing around with today.

It's supposed to be a Victorian-age magazine advert; the sort of thing that "snake oil" salesmen would use.

I've used way too many different typefaces and the layout is deliberately messy because that's how this sort of advert looked back in the day.  (Just do an image search for "victorian advert" to see for yourself.)

I've also tried to make the paper look old and slightly colour-faded on the right-hand side where it's seen more light and tried to make the print a bit "weathered".

I'm not totally happy with anything on this one so any constructive suggestions might encourage me to make a better version.

As usual, both Scribus and GIMP were used.

[attachment deleted by admin]