"Ubuntu Condensed" Bold Face Missing in Style Editor -- Ubuntu 15.10 64bit

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceCadet

Hi!

I cannot find a similar issue so i am trying the forum before reporting an bug in case i am doing something terribly wrong.

It looks like the Bold Face (or rather all faces except the regular face) of the font "UBUNTU CONDENSED" in the style editor / preferences editor is missing.
This bothers me since inside all other applications (like font manager, office ... ) all faces (regular, bold, bold italic, italic) are availiable?

Thanks for your help

utnik

hi spacecadet

when you look at font.ubuntu.com, you won't find another weight or style than regular for 'ubuntu condensed'. i think your other applications fake the 'bold' and 'italic' faces.
fortunately scribus doesn't deal with such horrible technics of font abuse...

utnik

SpaceCadet

Ah .. oh .. well i see :(
That's kind of sad because i like the font but this prevents all kinds of emphasis in my text.
Its very strange that the font-manager shows these faces. Seems like not every font can be "fake bolded" but this obviously can.

Thanks for your reply, i have to look for another font then.
Suggestions anyone? :) And by the way is there a tool similar to "Glyphs" from inDesign?

Thanks again and greetings

spacecadet

utnik

hi spacecadet

Quote from: SpaceCadet on December 10, 2015, 08:03:11 PMis there a tool similar to "Glyphs" from inDesign?

i don't have access to indesign any more but i think, it's almost what you see in scribus under: 'insert' → 'glyph' when you select the left icon.

utnik

SpaceCadet

Thank you :D
I was looking for "Glyphen" like in the german translation of inDesign .. that was stupid, i admit.

Issue is solved. I'm closing this topic.
Thanks again for the help!