Setting text frame background opacity without affecting text

Previous topic - Next topic

XON2000

I'm trying to create a text frame that has a partially transparent white background, but fully opaque text. However, when I set the opacity of the background, it applies to the text as well. Does anyone know if there's a way that I can accomplish this, without using multiple objects?

(I realize that I can use a shape for the background and then put a text frame over it, but I will have many of these frames, and I'm trying to avoid maintaining so many objects.)

Thanks,

Shawn

Christen_Anderson

AFAIK, there is only one way to do this.....Make the background as a separate object, then group the background and the text frame (Ctrl+G). While the objects are grouped, they will act like one object.
However, there may be an easier way to achieve your results....I just haven't found it yet  ;)
Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

XON2000

I was afraid that was going to be the only solution. Thanks for your help!

WalksIn2Trees

double-click your object to call up the properties dialog

or

menu>window>properties>

or press F2

choose the colors section at the bottom

make sure your fill color is what you working on by choosing the paint bucket button and select a color
adjust the "shade" to the desired value
to simulate a non-graduated trasparency choose one of the blend modes (located in the transparency section)

Alternatively, directly beneath the paint bucket you see the word "normal"... click it and change to one of the gradients

select your first color and change the opacity... repeat for color two...
if you only want one color then change both colors to the same color
if you want an even transparency, change both to the same value