White text looks dull

Previous topic - Next topic

coop

All my white text looks dull in Scribus.  In this case I have white headline text in Arial bold placed on top of a full color image.  When I compare it to the same artwork in another application, the white is much duller in scribus.  I have checked the color and it is white, I even created a new white and still no difference.  Other than putting a semi transparent dark background behind the test 9which I do not want to do), is there something else I can do to brighten up the white ?  Appreciate any suggestions.

Kunda

Can you offer any examples ? Perhaps we can see the SLA and perhaps an exported image of it ?
Also what OS/OS version/Scribus version are you running?

coop

See attached image - comparing same artwork in Scribus and a previously done PDF.  the Scribus white seems to have a touch of grey.  Using Windows 8 and Scribus 1.4.5

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi coop

the big difference between the two documents in your screenshot is the background image. on the .pdf file it's much darker than on the .sla.
but it's not the serious way to analize a whte value on a crumbled .jpg screenshot of a .pdf file. for this we need a .sla or a .pdf file...

if you select 'white', it will display white as long as the 'shade' and 'opacity' values are '100%' and the blend mode is 'normal'.

utnik

coop

Makes sense.  I will play with the image brightness.  Thanks.