How do I manage to NOT embed the colour profiles of images during PDF export?

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cappuccino

Hello everybody,

I am using Scribus 1.4.5 on Mac. I have set up a colour managed workflow (see first screenshot), my images are in Adobe RGB colourspace and have this profile embedded. The printer wants a PDF where the images do not have a colour profile embedded. The Scribus export dialogue is unclear (see second screenshot). While InDesign provides a checkbox which is clearly labelled, saying "Do not embed image profiles" (from memory), the Scribus export dialogue leaves me scratching my head.

Thank you...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Captain Cappuccino

It seems I can only attach one screenshot at a time... Attached here is what I called the first screenshot in my post above.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Captain Cappuccino

Okay. I have discovered by accident that Scribus provides tool tips which appear after a while of hovering over a dialogue.
For the checkbox next to "Use Colour Profile", the tool tip says: "Embed a colour profile for images".

Now, that is the information that belongs right next to the checkbox!! No tool tip needed then!

Scribus is full of usability issues like this.

a.l.e

hi captain

we need people who know how to design a good UI to make good proposals!

i fully agree that using tooltips for important warnings is a bad things, but putting warnings everywhere in a "random" way is not the solution either.

in plain english (as far my english skills allow it...)

- we need somebody proposing a concept
- we need a discussion on the concept
- we need to gradually implement the concept

that sounds easy :-)