Workflow recommendations for a calendar

Previous topic - Next topic

Karela

I want to make a calendar and was wondering if anyone had any tips for the workflow for adding all those little days in.

The calendar won't have boxes, just numbers. Is there any quick way to do this? (Like how page numbers are automatically generated).

Otherwise, I had considered making a grid, making 31 individual text boxes, lining them up, copying them to the next month and then cut and pasting columns as necessary (since 1,8,15,22,29 will always be the same day of the week).

utnik

hi karela

did you check the calendarWizard (in the 'script' menu)? – as long as you're not on macOS this script generates a basic calendar which you may edit to your needs...

utnik

Karela

Alas, I have a mac... so I guess I should start making my 31 little text boxes.  >:(

utnik

hi karela

unfortunately the '' related scripts don't work on a mac and calendarWizard is one of them. (see bug #12627)

utnik

GarryP

Karela, have you through about using something like http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/create.html ?

It has quite a few options for customisation and creates a nice PDF calendar in moments.

And if you want to use the calendar within a Scribus document you can import the PDF created into an image frame and set the page number - for month - in Properties / Image / Page Number. (If you don't want the "timeanddate.com" logo just put a white-filled frame over it.)

It's probably not ideal and you might not get exactly what you want but if you just want something quick then it will do the job.