How to choose first numbered page ?

Previous topic - Next topic

guips

Hello everyone. It's my first talk here, and I'm a true beginner with Scribus. I only would like to know, if there is a way to choose that the 3rd page of the document is numbered 1, the 4th numbered 2, the 5th numbered 3 and so on.

Because in the way I do with "the master page" even if I choose that my first numbered page is the 3rd its number is of course 3. 

Nermander

solaero

I did it this way:

Create two master pages. Identical except one does not have a field to display Page#, the other does. My project starts numbering on page three and I simply insert the master page for the un-numbered page for the first two pages and then use the numbered master page for the remaining pages.

utnik

Quote from: solaero on April 15, 2016, 05:11:53 PMMy project starts numbering on page three and I simply insert the master page for the un-numbered page for the first two pages and then use the numbered master page for the remaining pages.

this won't do the trick! (you don't have page numbers on the first two pages the next one will be marked as page '3') – but nermander posted a link to lesrn the correct workflow...

utnik

solaero

I completely misread that post. Oops!

guips

Thank you very much for the link Nemrander, it's just what i wanted to do.
Before I tried myself the Solar's trick, but actually the 3rd page was the first numbered but was marked as page '3'.

Thanks