Scribus > PDF Generation

Extra blank page inserted during two-sided printing

(1/4) > >>

David Elwell:
My Scribus 1.4.0.rc5 document is formatted for 2-sided printing. When I print the complete document 2-sided, I get an unexpected blank page between pages 3 and 4, which throws off left and right pages through the remainder of the document. When I print 1-sided, the blank page does not insert itself. This occurs printing from Scribus and printing from the Scribus-generated PDF file.

If I select pages 3-4 and print 2-sided, the blank page is not inserted.

Any ideas what I should be looking for as a cause for this problem?

utnik:
hello david

does the blank page show up in the pdf on screen as well?
if you can show the pdf file, i will take a look at it – have never seen something like that.

utnik

a.l.e:
if you have problems with printing, try with producing a pdf and, then, printing it from acrobat or any other pdf readers (while the other ones are not as bulletproof as the adobe's one...)

good luck
a.l.e

David Elwell:

--- Quote from: utnik on August 10, 2011, 09:19:34 pm ---hello david

does the blank page show up in the pdf on screen as well?
if you can show the pdf file, i will take a look at it – have never seen something like that.

utnik

--- End quote ---

utnik--

I haven't been able to shave the final PDF down to a small enough piece to upload. Until I figure out how to fix it, the problem file is posted here, to be replaced as soon as I create a PDF that behaves: http://www.nmqf.org/IB3SpecialtyTiersFinal.pdf

The blank page doesn't show when I view the PDF onscreen or when I print it out one sided. It only pops up when I print two sided.

The problem page turns up between PDF pages 3 and 4 (title page and copyright notice).

David

David Elwell:

--- Quote from: a.l.e on August 10, 2011, 11:37:12 pm ---if you have problems with printing, try with producing a pdf and, then, printing it from acrobat or any other pdf readers (while the other ones are not as bulletproof as the adobe's one...)

good luck
a.l.e

--- End quote ---

a.l.e--

I get the problem printing from the PDF file as well as from Scribus.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version