Image import, bad orientation...

Previous topic - Next topic

In_use

Hi,

I just begun using scribus. I was used with indesign but I prefered to switch to a free (and legal) software. I think Scribus is quite good and I manage to find everything I need...

At this time I have one little but very annoying problem : when I import an image in an image frame it always load with the wrong orientation. So I have my frame at the correct size for example vertical and I import my vertical image but it comes horizontal and I must rotate and resize the frame. And if my frame is horizontal the image load vertical....

Im working on a 200 photos book so if you could help me on that I should save a lot of time.

Thanks in advance

a.l.e

hey

i guess that the orientation information stored in the images is "wrong"...

the image viewer that comes with your system should be able to fix this for all the images...

ah, and i will try it first on a copy of a subset of the images you want to import... just to be on the safe side of life...

ciao
a.l.e

GarryP

Hi In_use.

I'm fairly sure that Scribus ignores any orientation information in the image file and always displays an image - unless you manually rotate it - as though the orientation didn't matter. I've never seen it auto-rotate or ask whether it should. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about that, at the moment at least.

There might be some software that can "batch-change" your images prior to putting them in Scribus but you'd have to look for it. (This might be a good place to start: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#auto-orient )

In_use

Thak you both for your answers...

I use Bridge to manage my photo librairy, bridge is able to find the right orientation of the photos but scribus is not. So I duplicated the image and rotated them in the widows viewer and is now good.

Thanks for the advices