Widening/Enlarging Master Page Icons

Previous topic - Next topic

jlpoole

The current icon size of the pages in the Document Pages pane of the Arrange Pages dialog box are narrow and have a lot of white space to their right.  I plan on having many Master Pages and would like to be able to discern the Master Page name applied to the page depicted in that pane.  Is there a way to enlarge the icons representing pages so that the text of the Master Page applied is wide enough to handle more than 5 characters?

Attached is a screenshot.

Using 1.5.0svn built May 19, 2015 on Windows 7

[attachment deleted by admin]
John L. Poole

work: Principal Software Engineer, Oracle Corporation
play: Editions Poole - publisher of classical ensemble piano music (using InDesign & scripts thereunder)

jlpoole

I confirmed that the same happens in Linux -- the icon are not expandable
John L. Poole

play: Editions Poole - publisher of classical ensemble piano music (using InDesign & scripts thereunder)

a.l.e

hi,

i don't think that making the icons wider / bigger is a good idea...

but there should be a way to get more info about the page... or simply allow the label below the icon to be fully written on multiple lines.

i wonder what the wish in a feature request should be...

jlpoole

Perhaps the ability to resize the icons.  That would be a feature request.
John L. Poole

a.l.e

eh eh... you don't seem to be interested in having bigger icons, but on having the full name of the template displayed...

so, what you want is a way to see the complete template name.
this can be achieved by:
- adding a tooltip
- adding an information area, filled when you activate a page (or right click a future "get info" in the page's icon)
- expanding the text label when you over it
- increasing the space between the icons
- making bigger icons.

personally, i never go to the arrange pages palette for knowing which MP is applied, so i have a hard time telling which is the best one, but the last option seems to be the least interesting to me...
(normally, i can see the difference, and if not, i think i would open the page properties dialog for the current page...)