Scribus 1.6.1 app image crashes

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemuria

$ ./scribus-1.6.1-linux-x86_64.AppImage
Run experimental bundle that bundles everything
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb.

I'm on Ubuntu 20.04, and QMake tells me this:
QMake version 3.1
Using Qt version 5.12.8 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

I have no idea how to get Scribus 1.6.1 to even run, let alone how to upgrade Qt.

RodneyLee

try the flatpak, what OS are you using?

Lemuria

Quote from: RodneyLee on February 27, 2024, 02:38:53 PMtry the flatpak, what OS are you using?
Ubuntu 20.04, I said it in the original post.

For some weird reason, if I start a new terminal and Ctrl+C early (preventing my config from loading), the AppImage loads as expected. So there's definitely something off with my config which might be loading the wrong Qt libraries (likely conda).

I'll see if the Flatpak does what I need, and probably take a long hard look at my zsh configuration.

a.l.e

the scribus in the appimage should take the qt that is in the appimage, not the one in your system.

but you might indeed have something strange in your configs that screws that up.

Lemuria

Happy to report that Scribus 1.6.1 is working for me now.

I use the XFCE environment, so I used the menu editor to add a launcher for Scribus. While my config is still borked, Scribus can now be launched properly since launching from menu doesn't involve loading my ZSH config.

Quote from: RodneyLee on February 27, 2024, 02:38:53 PMtry the flatpak, what OS are you using?
The flatpak works, but the AppImage does too now, so I'll just stick to the AppImage.

Thank you all for your help.