Is there a way to find text frame corresponding to location in story editor?

Previous topic - Next topic

vltreude

I need to search through a large document with 100's of text frames (pages.)
It appears that in the main view, the search command only applies to the current text frame.
In story editor, I can search through the entire body of the document. However, if I find a specific phrase, I don't know what frame it is on in the main view. Is there an easy way to automatically scroll the main view to the frame corresponding to a given location in the story editor?
Or, alternately, is there a way to search through a series of linked frames in the main view?

a.l.e

searching across the frames in the main view is planned... but not implemented yet...

the way find works in the story editor looks more like a bug than a feature...

vltreude

Wow, I could really use a whole-document search. I've got a couple decades of C++ under my belt; perhaps I could help out.

a.l.e

i have started working on it last year

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-search

but then put the project on the side

- and wait for a bit more time at hand for better understanding QML
- have an API for more easily accessing the Scribus core.

i can't recall how far i got with the plugin implementation (for sure no implementation of the search, maybe a simple dialog showing up) but:
- i'm still looking for a good QML howto
- i have now an API which is somehow usable and ready to be extended.

if you're interested in working on this, get in touch with me. here or on github and i can help you to get started with the plugin.

for a first implementation, i think that basic c++ skills should be enough... :-)