Where is the scripter API manual?

Previous topic - Next topic

vltreude

Forgive this newbie question, but I searched for the scribus scripter API manual.
I get a page on wiki.scribus.net, but the link to the document is broken.
I'm not being lazy, just can't seem to find it.  :D

vltreude

Never mind, I found it under the help.
I'd thought it was a separate manual.

jlpoole

I, too, spent a good deal of time looking for it until I stumbled upon it in the included "Help".

I wonder if the documentation API were staged in a wiki format for consideration by the owners of the documentation, then people could add to it suggestions in line which may or may not be taken up by the "owners"
John L. Poole

work: Principal Software Engineer, Oracle Corporation
play: Editions Poole - publisher of classical ensemble piano music (using InDesign & scripts thereunder)

a.l.e

for the new scripter we will work on https://readthedocs.org/ for the documentation, so there will be a copy in "wiki" format!

the idea is that the community should get much more involved in the documentation and make it easy for the people to contribute to it! (currently one has to make patches against the main scribus code...)

jlpoole

I found this URL http://scribus-scripter.readthedocs.org/en/latest/docs/scripter.html

The above is a discussion type interface.  I could not find a wiki type interface.  Is there one? 

I signed up for the Disqus account, but that didn't seem to change much other than allow me to submit comments.
John L. Poole

work: Principal Software Engineer, Oracle Corporation
play: Editions Poole - publisher of classical ensemble piano music (using InDesign & scripts thereunder)

a.l.e

yep, that's the account we have on readthedocs.

the idea is that a team of contributors edit the pages and that everybody can add comments.
the comments are integrated by the contributors into the documentation.

and we will welcome everybody to join the group of contributors.

currently, the documentation effort is on hold, but we will restart it as soon as we restart working on the new scripter API! promised.