Set the background of a complete poster

Previous topic - Next topic

MartienSCR

Although this is a beginners section of course I tried to find a solution on google but I couldn't. Anyway I want to create an A4 poster that should have a back background (no margins). I think a solution could be a frame that covers the whole canvas and fill it with black. However I would like to know 1) is there an option to set the background as a property for the whole file? 2) if I have to insert a frame, is there an option that enables me easily to cover the whole file? I can drag it with the mouse but there is a good chance I will miss a pixel or the frame could be one pixel to large and I will get error messages  at converting to pdf like frame so-and-so is out of the margins.

utnik

hi martien

Quote from: MartienSCR on June 10, 2015, 12:38:08 AM...is there an option to set the background as a property for the whole file?

no, there isn't. you need a colored shape for this.

Quote...is there an option that enables me easily to cover the whole file?

• when you select the shape tool ('s') and press the shift key while you click at you layout page, the created shape will fill the space up to the nearest guides. without guides and with margins set to zero, the shape will fill the whole document page.
  • an other way is to define the position and size by numeric values under 'preferences' (f2) → 'x, y, z'
Quote...the frame could be one pixel to large and I will get error messages  at converting to pdf like frame so-and-so is out of the margins.

in this case scribus would cut off the overlapping part without any messages.

utnik

MartienSCR

Thank you very much this is exactly the option I was looking for! I am new at this forum so if I am supposed to close the topic, mark it as resolved or whatever I will do that with pleasure (providing that the topic will remain visible), but I cannot find any option to do that.

utnik

Quote from: MartienSCR on June 10, 2015, 01:16:38 AM...if I am supposed to close the topic, mark it as resolved or whatever...

you don't have to – but you could change the title of the first post to 'solved: set background...' if you like.

utnik