Business Card

Previous topic - Next topic

SheilaVG

I have designed a business card I really like on Scribus. I was hoping to then transport it to Vistaprint to make a business card-much like I did with Illustrator once. My first question is:
Can this be done? What software do I need to use to save it in a way that Vistaprint will take? Zamzar will not work.

Second question: Assuming the above does not work, where can I get a blank business card template that will work with Scribus? The ones in the program all have backgrounds I do not want so that's what I mean by blank. And assuming that can be done, what cardstock can I use? Avery? What number?

Thanks,
Sheila

a.l.e

if you have the size of the card, scribus can create document of any size.

just set the size of the page when creating the document.

and it can create a PDF output that you can upload to any service that accepts PDFs

if there is a template with the right size, you can use it and eventually remove the artwork you don't want (possibly on the edit > master page)

have fun
a.l.e

Nermander

From what I understand Vistaprint accepts a PDF with the design (one card), they will then handle impositioning.

From their homepage the specifications are:
Full Bleed Size (starting document size)
Finished artwork should use the full bleed dimensions for best results
3.62" x 2.12"
92 x 54 mm
1085 x 635 pixels
Document Trim Size (final size after being cut)
3.50" x 2.00"
89 x 51 mm
1050 x 600 pixels
Resolution
300 DPI

I think that there somewhere also is information about safe distance to the edge (cutting tolerances), I've looked it up before.

So, in Scribus, set up a page size of 89x51 mm, bleed 1,5 mm on all sides.