Need some help with Scrapbook

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

I really like the idea behind this particular feature, but I was messing around with it the other day, and accidentally created a new page, group, segment, whatever you call it, and now I can't get rid of it. Please, how do I get rid of this extra page?

utnik

hi james

could you explain what happened in plain text?

utnik

JamesH

Quote from: utnik on March 30, 2015, 12:13:06 AM
hi james

could you explain what happened in plain text?

utnik

Gee, I thought I had explained it fairly well... Anyway, once more, I have created a page in scrapbook that I cannot now get rid of. How do I delete pages from scrapbook?

Nermander

Did you try right-clicking on the item?

JamesH

Okay, so I seem to have sort of figured it out... The scrapbook itself, the interface, is not very intuitive. I assumed that the "close scrapbook button" would do exactly what it said and close the scrapbook, but what it actually does is what I was trying to do, it closes a single page in the scrapbook.

Very confusing, the whole darn thing.

utnik

hi james

Quote from: JamesH on March 31, 2015, 07:14:24 PM...Very confusing, the whole darn thing.

it might be a bit less confusing if you accept the choice of the developers to call this different scrapbooks...

utnik

JamesH

Quote from: utnik on March 31, 2015, 07:41:37 PM
hi james

Quote from: JamesH on March 31, 2015, 07:14:24 PM...Very confusing, the whole darn thing.

it might be a bit less confusing if you accept the choice of the developers to call this different scrapbooks...

utnik

Yes, that is where the confusion lies. They should not call the function Scrapbook, but instead, Scrapbook Manager since what it essentially does is manage a whole bunch of separate scrapbooks.

Nermander

Well, the easy solution would of course to be to call it "Scrapbooks" :)

I think that initially Scribus only had support for one scrapbook, then the name of the feature wasn't changed when support for several scrapbooks was added.