Realigning content on all pages after document size change

Previous topic - Next topic

vicmortelmans

Hi,
I've made a design for a card game in a 55-pages document. Now I want to submit this for printing, but the vendor uses a different template than the one I started with. The content size is OK, but it has slightly different margins and bleed.  So when I apply the new settings to the document, the content isn't centered anymore.

What's the most efficient way to move the content of all pages (and all layers) in scribus?
Best regards,
Vic

utnik

hi vic

changing the settings for margins and bleeds doesn't move the content. if some element was centered before, it will stay centered.

• for a larger bleed area, you need to control if the content overlaps that much.
  • for a wider margin area you may shrink the whole content or you decide to keep it as it is and take the risk of visible differences in border size (and content nearly cut off, if they really need the wide safety area...)
  • for smaller bleed and or margin areas, you don't need to move anything.
utnik

vicmortelmans

Hi utnik,

you're right, I now notice that the original template wasn't set up correctly. It had a document size that actually included the bleeds. So that's why my content isn't centering anymore when applying the new document settings.

Looking at the GUI, I see there's a menu option 'advanced select all' where I can select all items on a layer (across pages) and all items on a page (but not in multiple layers, as it seems).

This seems like the path forward. Iterating all layers one by one, and in each layer, 'advanced select all items in the layer', right-click for properties, and adjust the position value with the required shift. That should be fast and accurate.

(and it will be less time-consuming that the scripting solution which I came across whe searching internet, as figuring out how to get that going I estimate at one night's work http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Shifting_All_Page_Objects)

Best regards,
Vic