Scribus UI/UX improvements

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunda

So awesome!
Thanks so much Martin for getting this far!

Kunda

Martin & MrB,
lets continue this thread so that indigo can harmonize with Scribus development

Kunda

Martin,
Heads up, that this week April. 15 is when Libre Graphics Meeting is starting in London. Perhaps, if you were planning to hack on indigoDock that it would be strategically done while LGM is happening. I believe Scribus project will receive some good traffic during that time from FLOSS developers and enthusiasts.

I've also been tagging issues on the bugtracker with 'indigodock' showing what the project might address if/when implemented in to the scribus code base.

Thanks so much for your work.
Cheers!

tim_occ

Kunda, thank you for these info.

greets
Martin

Kunda

Save and Load workspace will be a very welcome feature as well.

tim_occ

Hey guys,

great news - IndogoDock supports now multiple docks.  ;D

Features:

• drag and drop between single docks is possible as well from floating panels
  • auto scroll to a panel independent of parent dock
  • horizontal / vertical dock orientation

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kunda

Kunda

Some warnings:
In file included from ../indigoDock/main.cpp:1:
In file included from ../indigoDock/mainwindow.h:12:
../indigoDock/indigoiconwidget.h:1:9: warning: 'INDIGOICONWIDGET_H' is used as a header guard here, followed by #define of a different macro [-Wheader-guard]
#ifndef INDIGOICONWIDGET_H
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../indigoDock/indigoiconwidget.h:2:9: note: 'INDOGOICONWIDGET_H' is defined here; did you mean 'INDIGOICONWIDGET_H'?
#define INDOGOICONWIDGET_H
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        INDIGOICONWIDGET_H
1 warning generated.

In file included from ../indigoDock/mainwindow.cpp:1:
In file included from ../indigoDock/mainwindow.h:12:
../indigoDock/indigoiconwidget.h:1:9: warning: 'INDIGOICONWIDGET_H' is used as a header guard here, followed by #define of a different macro [-Wheader-guard]
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../indigoDock/indigoiconwidget.h:2:9: note: 'INDOGOICONWIDGET_H' is defined here; did you mean 'INDIGOICONWIDGET_H'?
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        INDIGOICONWIDGET_H
1 warning generated.

../indigoDock/indigotabbar.cpp:355:10: warning: '/*' within block comment [-Wcomment]
    /*if(/*countHiddenTabs() == lst_TabList.size() && /bool_hover){
         ^
1 warning generated.

In file included from ../indigoDock/indigoiconwidget.cpp:1:
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        INDIGOICONWIDGET_H
1 warning generated.

In file included from ../indigoDock/build/debug/moc_mainwindow.cpp:9:
In file included from ../indigoDock/build/debug/../../mainwindow.h:12:
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        INDIGOICONWIDGET_H
1 warning generated.

In file included from ../indigoDock/build/debug/moc_indigoiconwidget.cpp:9:
../indigoDock/build/debug/../../indigoiconwidget.h:1:9: warning: 'INDIGOICONWIDGET_H' is used as a header guard here, followed by #define of a different macro [-Wheader-guard]
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../indigoDock/build/debug/../../indigoiconwidget.h:2:9: note: 'INDOGOICONWIDGET_H' is defined here; did you mean 'INDIGOICONWIDGET_H'?
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        INDIGOICONWIDGET_H
1 warning generated.

Kunda

Looks really good, Martin.
Do you mind updating the README.md showing what've you completed ?
Thanks!

Kunda

Martin,
Was it OK to post the warnings in this thread or should I open a ticket on the repo? (or just ignore it since you're already aware ?)

ref: http://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,1617.msg9051.html#msg9051

tim_occ

Hi Kunda,

I think it is better to post errors in GitHub repo. Otherwise we grow up the thread here. ;)

BTW: I could finish the first alpha version of save and load workspace files to restore UI layout. But it supports currently only panels, like:
- order in dock
- expander state (normal, advanced, collapsed)
- dock state (docked, floating, hidden docked, hidden floating)
- position on screen for floating panels

Next Steps: save / load for docks

best,
Martin

Kunda

Very cool...Fantastic work!
Keep going...!   :D

Kunda

Martin,
I've tested revision: 7cc78803c74878172da6b433bfb4eee39ba06dab and I think you're doing gorgeous work  :D
I opened up some new github issues and commented on some ongoing ones.

Keep going!
Best,
/Kunda

tim_occ

Yeah I saw the issues. I've fixed some issues, would be nice if someone could verify the fixes. ;)

best,
Martin

tim_occ

Hi,

I've made changes for panel expander state. Now it isn't anymore possible to collapse panels. I agree with a.l.e. that is senseless to have a collapsed state, because it takes only space and have no benefit.

So, I reduced the states to 'Normal' and 'Advanced' only. The advanced widget container doesn't exists anymore too. Now, all advanced features can be controlled only by a signal which will send from panel. That means now it is possible to switch on / off single widgets in main panel content and not only in a container below the main content as before. See attachement for an example of the new 'Normal' / 'Advanced' states.

best,
Martin

[attachment deleted by admin]