Crashes while opening sla file

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasia

I urgently need some help, I can't open my sla file. Last thing I remember I was doing last was finishing the file and adding some informations to the document description (keywords i.e.). Then I saved the file and did an export to pdf. The pdf was created correctly. I returned to Scribus (alt+tab) and wanted to move an image a bit. I clicked on that image and used the arrow buttons on my keyboard - and Scribus crashed suddenly to desktop. I can't remember the error message, I clicked it away with ok button. Since that I'm not able to open the file again.

I also tried to start the autosave-file (renamed it), same effect, CTD.

I can open and edit former projects, save and edit it.
I always load images, never copy&paste it into sla projects.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
Scribus 1.4.4
file see attachment (600 KB)

I was working for weeks on that project, and I never had any problems. Please, someone can help me?

[attachment deleted by admin]

oscillator

Hmmm... I can open it in Scribus 1.4.3 on Debian Stable, but there are problems with the content... Just a moment, will try to open it in 1.4.4 on Ubuntu.

Kasia

Quote from: oscillator on December 21, 2014, 10:35:39 PM
Hmmm... I can open it in Scribus 1.4.3 on Debian Stable, but there are problems with the content... Just a moment, will try to open it in 1.4.4 on Ubuntu.
You would be my hero of the day! Coz this should become a Christmas edition - and I've rather not opportunity to layout every article once again...

oscillator

Hmmm...I can open it in 1.4.4 too, but it crashes when I try to save it... No content is shown, but it sure is there in the document (invisible).

Let me try some other things...

oscillator

OK, when I tried to save it it crashed when writing a specific object on page 5. So I deleted this object in the .sla-file (using a text editor). Then I could both open it in Scribus and save it (attached).

All content is invisible though. I don't know if this has to do with the font substitution (I don't have the "Book" font etc that you seem to be using) or with the missing images.

Please try the attached file and report back! :)

Kasia

Quote from: oscillator on December 21, 2014, 11:01:43 PM
OK, when I tried to save it it crashed when writing a specific object on page 5. So I deleted this object in the .sla-file (using a text editor). Then I could both open it in Scribus and save it (attached).

All content is invisible though. I don't know if this has to do with the font substitution (I don't have the "Book" font etc that you seem to be using) or with the missing images.

Please try the attached file and report back! :)
Tryed it, CTD again :'(

If there is no chance to recover the sla file, and you don't have the fonts, there also won't be a possibility to only create a PDF? Coz the file was close to be published, only minor things left to do. I would accept those little optical minuses instead of not publishing it at all...

oscillator

Well, you could send me the fonts and the images, and I could create the PDF for you.

I just tried to create a PDF from your file and it works (but looks a bit ugly due to the missing fonts and images).

staffan.melin@oscillator.se

oscillator

This is how the PDF turned out w/o images.

oscillator

Now the Old London font is working too.

Kasia

After an intensive talk Oscillator solved my problem. I'm unbelievably thankful for his help :-*