Importing tables from LibreOffice Writer

Previous topic - Next topic

lucabad

Hello everybody,

I'm afraid I've got another problem. I'm trying to import a table from LibreOffice, as I've read online that it's easier than creating one on Scribus. I've done almost everything in the procedure outlined at http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Complex_tables_in_Scribus, and yet when I try to import the ESP file with the table into the Scribus document nothing happens.

This may be due to the fact that when I try to 'paste special' the table from LibreOffice Writer to LibreOffice Draw, I do not get the option for "GDI metadata". The only options I get are the following 4:

LibreOffice 4.3 Text Document
Formatted text [RTF]
HTML
Unformatted text

So no option for GDI metadata in Draw's paste special function. Does anybody know why that may be? I've tried pasting it as RTF, but then when I try and export it as ESP and then import it in Scribus, nothing happens. I have also tried exporting the RTF table from Draw as an svg file, but when I try and import it into Scribus, it only imports the table (correct size and coloring) but no text!

I'm using Windows 7, LibreOffice 4.3.1.2 and Scribus 1.4.3.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

lucabad

GarryP

lucabad, for an easy solution you could try exporting from Writer/Calc as a PDF then inserting the PDF into a Scribus image frame.

When you put the image in the frame it doesn't look very good on-screen - I think Scribus displays a low-resolution image for speed reasons - but the resulting exported PDF (from Scribus) looks fine for most purposes.

I've had mixed results with Writer but Calc seems to give better PDF output for some reason (to me at least).

There may be colour management issues when importing PDFs into Scribus but I can't give any advice about that as I don't use it. If you don't use colour management then there shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. This is with OpenOffice 3, but I'm sure LibreOffice shouldn't be too much different (and may even be better).

Marpionne

Save writer or calc file.

From Draw. Insert --> Object --> OLE object --> create from file --> select writer or calc file.

From Draw export selection as EPS file.