Making your own caution tape

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryP

Here's my latest - reasonably short - tutorial showing how you can make some simple "caution tape" using gradients and pattern fills.

I hope some people find it useful: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_make_your_own_caution_tape

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zyphon

Hi Gary,

Great work. I love following your tutorials and find your tips and tricks really useful.

I have been browsing the forum for months but I finally took the plunge and thought I better register and get involved with the community.

I've been using Scribus since version 1.3.3.14 and I was blown away by how amazing it was and what it can do given that it is a free open source DTP. I think the developers have done an amazing job with it and it's come a long way.
Kind regards,

Michael

GarryP

Thanks Michael, I'm glad you like my tutorials and tips and find them useful.

I agree that Scribus is a great bit of software and what's even more amazing is how few core developers it has while still improving and getting new functionality. My hat goes off to them.

Zyphon

Quote from: GarryP on October 20, 2014, 01:46:42 PM
Thanks Michael, I'm glad you like my tutorials and tips and find them useful.

I agree that Scribus is a great bit of software and what's even more amazing is how few core developers it has while still improving and getting new functionality. My hat goes off to them.

I totally agree. I always get really excited when I see a new release and look at what new features have been added. I am delighted that there is now a portable version. I now have Scribus installed on my memory stick via PortableApps. Very convenient for when you are on the move.
Kind regards,

Michael