Resolution for EPS Graphics: 300 dpi

Previous topic - Next topic

Perplexus

If I want to export a file to PDF, then the above becomes the issue: "Resolution for EPS Graphics: 300 dpi"

A few questions:

- How far can I lower the dpi and still maintain some quality of output?
- Can I determine beforehand the dpi of a picture when adding this to the page?

I have had numerous error-messages in the past when I tried to export the file to PDF. Only after some time I figured out what caused this problem. I try to stream the process now.

How do you deal with this problem?

utnik

hi perplexus

Quote from: Perplexus on July 16, 2014, 10:14:34 AM"Resolution for EPS Graphics: 300 dpi"

this setting is only for the rendering of placed .pdf and .eps files.

QuoteHow far can I lower the dpi and still maintain some quality of output?

it depends on what you understand of 'some quality' – and on the print process.
for your inkjet printer it could be less than 150 ppi. even for a standard laser printer this should be enough – at least for fotographs.
if the files are for offset printing, ask your printshop. for small documents (books, flyers...) something around 300 ppi will do, and for posters it depends on the size/viewing distance – for really large formats it goes to 50 ppi or lower.

QuoteCan I determine beforehand the dpi of a picture when adding this to the page?

when you know the printing size of an image and its resolution in pixels, you know the ppi as well. (ppi means pixels per inch)

QuoteI have had numerous error-messages...

...How do you deal with this problem?

try to understand all this error messages – never ignore them as long as you don't know exactly why they are there!

utnik