Templates for multiple pages

Previous topic - Next topic

oida

Hi,

just in a learning curve in Scribus and while some things seems easy there are some things  i did'nt understand. While i have found out how to generate a index i was unable to fix two things, which drives me crazy.

1.) use a template for all pages
I created a page template with different frames and now i want to use the template for all pages or better, for pages 6 to 120.

2.) no page numbers on pages 1-5, start counting on page 6 as number 1.
I played a little with the sections but have no success for now. The page numbering is in masterpages, each one for left and one for the right side.

I am using Scribus 1.5.8 under Debian 12.

Please, if you can guide me through this issues this will be of great help.

Thank you all in advance and stay safe

Nermander

As for page templates, you probably created Master pages, and in Scribus those are essentially page backgrounds.

If you want to create a page template to use on several pages you are probably better off using the scrapbook. Design the page layout, select all objects and Send to scrapbook. Then insert a new page (or delete everything on the page) and doubleclick the entry in the scrapbook.

I think scrapbook items also retain layers, so the template can have objects on different layers.

oida

Quote from: Nermander on April 11, 2024, 08:28:31 PMIf you want to create a page template to use on several pages you are probably better off using the scrapbook. Design the page layout, select all objects and Send to scrapbook. Then insert a new page (or delete everything on the page) and doubleclick the entry in the scrapbook.

I think scrapbook items also retain layers, so the template can have objects on different layers.
Thank you for the hint. I was hoping to get it more easy, but i'll try the scrapbook.
Thank's a lot