embed or outline?

Previous topic - Next topic

Karela

I have a document going to print, and the printer can't get the fonts to work.

When I exported to pdf there is the font option of embed or outline.

I outlined all the fonts. Why? No idea, but it has worked in the past ;-)

More importantly, when I want to embed the fonts, I check the box "embed all" and only one of them goes in. The others all stay elsewhere. Currently, the printer says that none are working. They say that moreover I can't just send them the fonts as separate files, they need to actually be embedded in the pdf.

Where am I going wrong???

Karela

Printer also suggested that I could convert all the text to outlines manually if all else fails. Not really wanting to do that for 70 pages.

leaf

Perhaps You have in option selected to Scribus embed only subset fonts, uncheck it, and try again. Often it helps and scribus embed all font.
2 solution - print from Scribus your document as postscript file and next convert them to pdf in ghostscript, or in pdfcreator (here there is option - embed fonts)

Karela

Where would I find the option for the embed only subset fonts?

I tried to convert all the texts to outlines. It was clearly a poor choice as I now have a blank 70 page document :-(

leaf

File -> preferences -> Fonts ->and here there is subset - uncheck it

leaf

Quote from: Karela on June 11, 2014, 09:25:22 PM
I tried to convert all the texts to outlines. It was clearly a poor choice as I now have a blank 70 page document :-(

I always convert to curves on the copy of the document. It is vital for safety and well-being.

Karela

Quote from: leaf on June 11, 2014, 09:42:03 PM
File -> preferences -> Fonts ->and here there is subset - uncheck it

Do you mean File>preferences or Scribus> preferences? Either way I don't seem to find it...

In scribus> preferences there is a list of all my fonts, but I don't see the subsets, and there is no file > preferences.

Has anyone had experience with a very heavy document converted to outlines? I can't convert more than one text block at a time without the programme crashing.

utnik

hi karela

Quote from: Karela on June 11, 2014, 11:18:21 PMIn scribus> preferences there is a list of all my fonts, but I don't see the subsets

scroll a bit more to the right, there are boxes to embed and outline for every installed font.

Quote...and there is no file > preferences.

this depends on the operating system...

utnik

leaf

On screen is more...
Convert to curves it is extreme for 70 pages. Check earlier 1 and 2 solution from my reply.

ps
I convert text to curves in document about 30-40 pages, but it was only diplomas, bages (one name on page) and it works ok.

[attachment deleted by admin]