Fonts Issue - PC to iMac

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiltshiresaint

I've been successfully using Scribus for some time on a PC, but recently I bought an iMac to replace it.  However, I've found that when I open Scribus files originated on the PC the font I've been using isn't available on the Mac. 

Is there a quick and easy way and hopefully inexpensive way to source the font and when I do, how do I install it so that it's available when I'm using Scribus on my iMac?  Simply changing the font isn't an option I want to take because I'd like it to remain consistent across all the documents I've created.

utnik

hi wiltshire...

there's no technical problem to keep the fonts, but it might be a legal one... (i don't know your license terms for the fonts.)

• just place the font files from the windows fonts folder in /users/'your user name'/library/fonts (or the same folder in the general library) to use the fonts in all applications.
  • place the font files in the directory which contains the .sla file (no installation required)
  • place them somewhere on your mac and insert the path under 'file' → 'preferences' → 'fonts' → 'additional paths' (adding a new path works only without an open .sla file...)
if you don't find the font files in your wondows file system, save your project with 'file' → 'collect for output' – scribus will find the files...

utnik

Wiltshiresaint

Great, thanks for the really speedy response Utnik, I'm at work right now but will try that when I get home  :)