trouble deleting a template object

Previous topic - Next topic

coderwolf

Scribus 1.4.3 running on windows 7.  Using the newsletter_2 template, there is a grey item at the top of the page.  I can not select this item, but I need to delete it from the file I am working on.  How can I do this?  It does not appear to be a render frame because there is no 'Edit Source' on the right click menu.

Could someone please help me delete this item?

utnik

hi wolf

did you check the layers window (f6)?
unfortunately i can't find a newsletter_2. in 'newsletters' there's only a nl_1 and a template called 'text based' – if it's the latter, the header is on its own layer.

utnik

coderwolf

There is only one layer "Template Layer" .  The item is on that layer (I can tell because if I make that layer invisible, it disappears.  That layer is also unlocked.  I am attaching a marked up screenshot since you do not have this template.  Hopefully this would help identify the type of object.

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

there are still different possibilities. as long as i don't see the .sla file, it's all guesswork...

• the gray square could be part of a master page. (in this case you have to delete it there.)
  • the item could be locked. (unlock it in 'properties' (f2) → 'x, y, z')
if it's something else, then i need the .sla file to help you.

utnik

Nermander

Using the Outline window you should be able to select any object, since it lists all objects.